~ Statement of Church Life ~We believe Jesus instituted the church to glorify God and to advance His Kingdom through His disciples. We also believe God has a specific place for every Christian within the body of Christ (Ephesians 4:16 and 1 Corinthians 12:7-27). It is our intention to assist the people in this local body to walk daily with Jesus and to find their place in the body of Christ (whether here or in another local body). Anyone who has trusted in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior is a member of Christ's Body (the Church). We will consider people to be members of this local body if they also have been baptized in water and regularly attend our worship services. We expect every member of this fellowship to exhort and encourage one another to become mature disciples (Hebrews 3:12,13; 5:14; & 10:23-25; and Ephesians 4:11-13).
As members of this body:
We believe that we have been led to join together in the worship, witness and fellowship of this local church.
We affirm wholeheartedly the essential doctrines of biblical Christianity, as held by this church.
We commit ourselves to Christ and to one another. This means the church will play a central role in our lives. Our decisions will be based not only on what is good for our Christian walk but also on what is good for the church. We are to relate to one another as brothers and sisters in Christ, loving one another as Christ loves us (John 17:22,23). Also, God has not called us to superficial relationships based primarily on our convenience and a desire to have our needs met, but He has called us to relationships based on self-sacrifice and meeting the needs of others.
We will endeavor, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to live out our Christian faith by yielding to the Lordship of Christ in the following ways:
Back to Top
- To seek first God's Kingdom and His righteousness.
- To live holy lives that will honor God and represent Christ well before the world.
- To individually and collectively seek opportunities to present Christ to the lost.
- To relate to one another in love, settling any differences in a timely and biblical manner.
- To spend time daily in prayer and the Word and be actively involved in ministry.
- To support this local church by sacrificial giving, seeking opportunities for fellowship and regular attendance at meetings.
- To be accountable in these things to one another and our God-appointed leaders.
~ Statement of Faith ~We are an independent church that is evangelical and interdenominational. The church has been in existence for about 150 years. We believe in all the essential doctrines common to Bible based Protestant churches and do not insist on agreement over any doctrines that would cause a separation between most other Christian churches and us. While we preach and teach the Bible boldly, and this requires us to take stands on many controversial issues, we adhere to Meldenius' maxim: "In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, diversity; and in all things, charity."
We believe the following to be the essential doctrines of genuine biblical Christianity:
Back to Top
- THE BIBLE: Consisting of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, the Bible was, in its original writing, inspired by God and is the only infallible, inerrant and authoritative guide in matters of faith and practice.
- THE TRINITY: There is one God who exists eternally in three persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are distinct from one another, yet co-equal.
- JESUS CHRIST: Through His virgin birth, Jesus Christ became the incarnate God (fully God and fully man). He lived a sinless life, dying on the cross as a substitute for sinners. He arose bodily on the third day [and] ascended to the right hand of the Father where He intercedes for us. He will return personally and visibly at the end of the age to fully establish God's Kingdom.
- MANKIND: Through willful disobedience and Satan's deception, mankind has fallen from its original sinless state and as a result is condemned to eternal spiritual death, banished from the presence of a holy God. It is not within the power of mankind to remedy this situation.
- SALVATION: Salvation from sin and its penalty is found only in Jesus Christ: by virtue of HIs death on the cross, received by faith, made effective by the Holy Spirit - all by the grace of God.
- THE CHRISTIAN LIFE: Believers have available to them the power of the Holy Spirit to enable them to live holy lives and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit. They are to identify with the cause of Christ through the local church and contribute through word and deed to spread the gospel.
- THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST: At the return of Christ the dead will be raised and all men will be judged. The wicked will be condemned to eternal death and the righteous will inherit eternal life.